Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 29, 2010
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Date... March 22, 2010
Starting time... 11:07 PM
Outside my window... It is warm-ish.
I'm thinking... about several things
I'm reading... "The Last Thing I remember" by .... I don't remember who it is by... :-/
I'm listening to... chicks in the kitchen chirping
I'm wearing... my comfy pj's!
Yesterday, didn't have to wake up as early as usual :D
I'm sad because... not really sad
I'm hungry for... salad from the Mexican restaurant....
The song stuck inside my head is... Rockin' Robin
I want... new books.... :'(
I love... drama team
I loathe... kids with attitudes
This week, my goal is... to win March Madness!!!! :P
Did I meet last week's goal?... ah, no. :-/
Ending time... 11:26 PM
DON'T FOR GET TO SIGN UP FOR THE GIVEAWAY! I only have two people in it right now and it ends NEXT WEEK. So get in on it while you can ;) .
Also I seem to have missed posting on my two year anniversary :( . On March 19th I reached my two year posting anniversary! :D Although I haven't even reached my 100th post yet ( :( ), I plan to do that in the next few months. Perhaps I will have another giveaway for that? Hmm...
Saturday, March 20, 2010
So I tried to make a contest button. I designed the button, but I am terribly confused about how to make it an actual button and not just a pretty picture. So can anyone help me??? :-/
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Monday, March 15, 2010
Date... March 15, 2010
Starting time... 5:09 PM
Mood... a bit disappointed
Outside my window... spring is starting to come into action! :D
I'm thinking... about basketball
I'm reading... The Odyssey (still)
I'm listening to... my mother and my sister discuss all the commercials that come onto the tv
I'm wearing... an OBX tshirt and leggings
Yesterday, I... flamingoed some yards! :D
I'm sad because... a few different reasons.
I'm hungry for... Chocolate... *sigh*
The song stuck inside my head is... "No One Like You" by Barlowgirl (I it's by them anyway...)
I want... I have no idea...
I love... my family
I loathe... unpleasant surprises.
This week, my goal is... to memorize Isaiah 49: 28-31
Did I meet last week's goal?... That would be a negative :(
Ending time... 5:52 PM
3. What is your ambition? Ah, now that is a good question. As of right now, I am just trying to figure out what God wants me to do. I would like to become a photographer.
5. What's your favorite subject in school? Er... Well, I really don't have a "favorite". But I do like reading and music.
6. What is your favorite Bible verse? WAY to many to chose from! But I like Joshua 1:9, Isaiah 49:13, and Philippians 4:13. Just to name a few. ;)
7. What is one of your hobbies? Writing. I love to write. I just recently started a new story tat I call 'Fire'. If anybody wants to know what it is about post a comment!
8. If someone handed you a five dollar bill, what would you do with it?
a. slip it in your wallet and think, "Ooh, this will buy me a yummy meal at Sonic!"
b. shove it in your pocket and forget about it, then while you're doing laundry you find it and say, "Hey, mom! Here's that five dollar bill I got the other day!"
c. give it to your younger sibling. It's just five dollars.
d. use it to buy that homeless man a meal.
hmm... probably 'a'. Just take out 'yummy meal at Sonic' and then insert 'book at the used bookstore!' :P
9. If your sibling came to you with their math book and asked for help, you'd say:
a. "Oh, here, let me help you."
b. "Too bad. I'm not good at math. Go ask mom."
c. "I'm sorry, I'm not very good at math. Can you go ask someone else?"
d. "I'm not good at math, but I'll try!"
Probably a, but then they would most likely go to mom anyway because I confused them further! :P
10. If you could have one of the following abilities, which would it be?
d. song writing
e. guitar playing
h. riding a bike
I think I would pick d. That would be so great! :D :D :D
I tag anyone who wants to put this on their blog!
So about this giveaway then! I have decided that I am going to have a giveaway for my two year blogging anniversary! :D So I am going to be giving away a Katie's Kreations necklace and a pair of earrings. You can go to http://basketballer4him.blogspot.com/2009/07/church-camp-and-katies-kreations.html to see the necklaces and to http://basketballer4him.blogspot.com/2009/06/katies-kreations-earrings.html to see the earrings. You will be able to pick out the colors you want in your necklace or earrings and then I will ship them to you. :D
Here are the rules:
1. To be entered, just post a comment saying that you want to be entered into the drawing.
2. For extra entries:
a. become a follower of my blog (if you are already a follower it still counts, but please tell me that you are follower. Also, if you become a follow on bloglovin it counts but you have to tell me! )
b.write a post on your blog about my giveaway
c. if people find their way over to my giveaway from your blog, have them tell me that you were the person who sent them over! I will give you another entry for every person that you get to enter.
d. create a design that I could use for a blog button. I would like it to say 'Playing for Him' and then somewhere to say 'Joshua 1:9' or the actual verse if you have room. Besides that, be creative! I want to see what you get out of my blog on that button! ;)
e. If you don't know how to make a blog button (don't feel bad! I don't either :P ) post your favorite Bible verse in a comment.
3. There will be two winners that I will randomly select. The first person will get a necklace and the second will get the earrings.
4. I will only ship within the USA. Sorry! :-/
PLEASE POST EVERY THING YOU DO IN SEPARATE COMMENTS!!!!!!! THIS MAKES IT A WHOLE LOT EASIER! THANKS!
Now, I may add more to that, and if I do, I will let everyone know! Also, feel free to take the pictures of my jewelry from those pages up there for your blog posts! The giveaway ends on the last day of March, so hurry and get in on it all! ;)
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Friday, March 12, 2010
"A badge swung from a striped lanyard that hung around his neck. Robert ignored him and spoke directly to Harlan.
'One hundred and thirty-four people,' he said.
'We confirmed that number right?...' "
That is from 'Burn' by Ted Dekker and Erin Healy. I haven't actually finished this book yet, but so far it is great!
Okay, I tag:
Mac and Kat @ Beautiful Elegant Designs
Kendrabelle @ ~Carpe Diem~
And anyone else who is a Ted Dekker or Erin Healy fan!
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
While we were at the mall we decided to take a ride on the carousal. You can see my dad below riding on his faster-then-lighting zebra! Jackie decided on a panda and I rode a tiger that came complete with a very hard, plastic back! :D My mother decided to just take pictures.
We went out to eat for lunch and then it was off to the beach for Jackie's birthday pictures. Each year, my Mom takes us out somewhere and we do our birthday pictures. Jackie chose the beach. So while Jackie and Momma went around taking pictures, Daddy and I went around trying to find shelter from the chilly wind. I also took a few pictures with my digicam.
I know that Jackie isn't actually in this one, but I really like it! What do you think?
Monday, March 8, 2010
Sunday, March 7, 2010
If I were a shoe, I would be a... Sandal.
If I were the weather, I'd be that rainbow that come right after a heavy rain.
If I were a facial expression, I'd be one of those funny faces that you make at you best friend.
If I were a car, I'd be on of those really old orange trucks.
If I were a time of day, I would be the time of day I would be dawn.
If I were a month, I would be June.
If I were a place, I would be a book store.
If I were a drink, I'd be ice tea.
If I were a taste, I would be sweet.
If I were an animal, I would be a horse.
If I were a food, I would be Greek salad! (YUM.)
If I were a color I would be orange.
If I were an instrument, I would be a stand up bass.
If I were a flower, I would be a hydrangea.
If I were a song, I would be "We Shine" by Stellar Kart.
If I were a planet, I would be Saturn.
If I were an object, I would be an old book.
If I were a fruit I would be a kiwi.
If I were a sound, I would be rain hitting your roof while you fall asleep.
If I were a day, I would be Thursday.
Okay, just so you know, I listed all the things that I really like. I have no idea how to compare myself with a smell, so I just decided to list things that I like. :P
Miss Me @ http://electriccave.blogspot.com
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Now, the reason I say that the season has almost come to a close is my church as an annual "March Madness" night. That night the church ladies go against the church girl youth in basketball! The same thing happens for the all the men and boys. I can't wait for it to happen! Last year the girls and boys youth won. I wonder if it will be the same this year???
Tomorrow is my Mom's birthday (www.galyeanbattalion.blogspot.com )! So, just in case I can't post tomorrow, I want to go ahead and say Happy Birthday to my Mom. I love you, Mommy!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Monday, March 1, 2010
Date... March 1, 2010
Starting time... 3:28 pm
Outside my window... I can't see outsidde my window... It has curtains right now.
I'm thinking... about piano
I'm reading... Some thing for school as well as a few "pleasure" books.
I'm listening to... My Momma talk to Mrs. Jamie.
I'm wearing... ankle brace, my Liberty basketball shirt, and basketball shorts
Yesterday, I... went iceskating!
I'm sad because... we didn't get to go to the State basketball competition to watch my friends.
I'm hungry for... A watermelon slushie from Sonic...
The song stuck inside my head is... "Indescribeable" by Chris Tomlin
I want... to do some dama (or creative movement... whatever you wanna call it. :P )
I love... books
I loathe... boring books
This week, my goal is... to figure out what I am going to get my mother and sister for their birthdays!!!
Did I meet last week's goal?... Actually, yes!
Ending time... 3:36 pm
AND NOW! THE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR THE BLOG PARTY!!!!! (You guys should really check that out! It is gonna be AWESOME! Just click the button on teh sidebar over their --> to see about it!)
1. What's your favorite time of the day, and why? Hmm... I don't really have a 'favorite' time of day, but I do like meal times! :P
2. If health wasn't an issue, what food could you live off of? Aw, man. I could TOTALLY live of off Fettuccine Alfredo and garlic bread... Yum....
3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes), what would it be? Well, now, that's a bit of a hard one... I guess that I would wish for World Peace... Just kidding! :P I really have no idea what I would wish for!
4. What's one thing that you get teased about a lot? That would be my feet. I have very big feet. I trip over them a lot. It's really quite funny most of the time.
5. If you could choose one movie, book, or TV show to spend your life in, which would you pick? What type of character would you be? Probably either Bryan Davis' series "Dragons in our Midst"/"Oracles of Fire" or Wayne Thomas Batson's "The Door Within" series. As far as the character goes, I would be the quiet one in the back, waiting to see what is going to happen.
6. If you could have one talent that you don't already have, what would it be? To be able to read school books faster, yet still retain everything... Yes, that would be quite heavenly :D
7.If money were no object, where would you go on vacation? I would go all over the world and take pictures to my heart's content.
8. If you were an awesome singer, which genre would you sing? Contemporary Christian.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, what would it be? Biggest book store in the world!
10. If you could live in any point in time, when would it be? Well, I kinda like the time I'm living in now.
11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be? Green or orange.
12. If you were one of the seven dwarfs, which one would you be?(Doc, Grumpy, Sneezy, Sleepy, Bashful, Happy, or Dopey) A mix between Doc and Happy.
13. What's the last album you listened to? Er... I don't know! I pretty much just listen to my iPod on shuffle. I think that last song I heard was "We Shine" by Stellar Kart.
14. What's something we'd be surprised to know about you? Well, let's just see here... Hm... Um. I guess you might be surprised to know that I have written a 27 paged paper on how we can get God back into America's media. That's about the only thing I can think about.....
Well, there you are, folks! Make sure you go on over to the blog party and check it out! There are some AWESOME giveaways over there!
Speaking about giveaways, Mac and Kat, over at Beautiful Elegant Designs, are having an awesome giveaway! Make sure you check it out also! Just click on their button.