Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rain...

Does anyone else love the rain? Or, to be more exact, the sound of rain? I sure do! Someone should record the sound of rain and sell it. Of course, a recorded version could never even touch the sound of real rain. I especially like to listen to it when I am going to sleep, or when I am under a tin roof. Sometimes I will even stand on something and put my ear up against a low ceiling just so that I can hear more distinctly the sound of each drop hitting the roof. It is like God is telling me that He loves me. Like He is wrapping me up in His wonderful arms and telling me that it is going to be alright whenever I have had a bad day. Like yesterday, I just woke up feeling all depressed and lonely and pretty much went through the day feeling like that. Later that night, I was reading my Bible and came to Isaiah 49:13. It says:
" Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones."
As soon as I finished reading that, it started raining! Immediately I felt better. I knew that God and sent those few minutes of rain just for me.
Does anything make you feel this way? I hope so.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a beautiful day, when the sky is blue and it's warm and not windy... Rain is great too, we have a tin roof :) I think I like the smell of rain better than the sound. If someone could make a perfume that smelled just like rain then that is what I would wear all the time :)

Lindsay said...

I love rain too, Katie!! The
sound it makes is so calming. :)

Bree said...

the sound of rain is wonderful. It put me to sleep the other night.

I actually have a sound machine that was given to my baby Lydia to help her sleep. That is one of the sounds. It is AWESOME! When she gets tired of it..it's coming to MY ROOM! HAHAH!

great post!
bree

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I adore the sound of the rain...but I think I am more partial to summer rain...because I can dance in it! I love it! It's like God showering me with His love..even though I don't deserve it, he gives it to me all the time, and never ceases! =D

That is sooo cool! God is SO good!

•Karis Brown• said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.